What's Actually Inside Your Average Cup Of Coffee (VIDEO)
Many of us love to have a good cup of coffee in the morning to help us wake up. It is an awesome way to start off our day on the right foot. This delicious beverage is one of the most popular drinks, whether we love it for its benefits or just for the taste. Its stimulant effect is also known to improve our memory capacities and increase your brain's processing speed.
Coffee is now available in many varieties like espresso, cappuccino, latte, macchiato and many more. Today, we can find coffee shops on every street corner, all over the world. Starbucks, Tim Hortons, Timothy's, Van Houtte are only a few of several coffee shops millions of people visit every day.
In an earlier post, 15(ish) Things Worth Knowing About Coffee, I wrote about the history of coffee and I also had enclosed an infographic describing interesting facts about this captivating brew.
But do we really know what's inside a cup of coffee? Well, I found the answer in the form of a video, presented by Wired, where all the constituents of coffee are revealed and how they affect our brain chemistry and neurotransmitters.
Besides the 98% hot water you pour in it, your cup of coffee contains several components which help you stay awake, be more productive and sharp-minded. In fact, it is in the remaining 2% that the magic happens.
You probably have known for a long time coffee's awakening and alertness properties, but it is always fun to find out what are the coffee components and how you react to them. So if you want to know more, watch the video below to discover what it is that affects you in this precious beverage.