What are your community guidelines?
The BlogHer Network is a community for adult women (ages 18 and older) and their friends. Please note: BlogHer does not provide professional advice, diagnosis or treatment of any kind – medical, legal, professional or personal. The opinions you read on this site are those of members of the BlogHer community, not necessarily those of BlogHer Inc.
We have just two rules: We embrace the spirit of civil disagreement, and we decline to publish unacceptable content. Specifically:
- BlogHer embraces the spirit of civil disagreement.
As a Web site devoted to creating an opportunity for all kinds of women bloggers and their friends to seek greater exposure, education and community, we agree to agree and to disagree-as strongly as need be-without crossing the boundaries into unacceptable content (see below).
- BlogHer declines to publish unacceptable content.
Everything published on the BlogHer Network is content: Your posts, comments, forum messages, poll responses, audio, video, text, images, you name it. We embrace your diversity of opinions and values(see above) but we insist that your content may not include anything unacceptable.
We define unacceptable content as anything included or linked that is:
- Being used to abuse, harass, stalk or threaten a person or persons
- Libelous, defamatory, knowingly false or misrepresents another person
- Infringes upon any copyright, trademark, trade secret or patent of any third party. (If you quote or excerpt someone's content, it is your responsibility to provide proper attribution to the original author. For a clear definition of proper attribution and fair use, please see The Electronic Frontier Foundation's Legal Guide for Bloggers at this URL: http://www.eff.org/bloggers/lg/.
- Violates any obligation of confidentiality
- Violates the privacy, publicity, moral or any other right of any third party
- Contains editorial content that has been commissioned and paid for by a third party, (either cash or goods in barter), and/or contains paid advertising links and/or SPAM or "Stupid Pointless Annoying Messages." For BlogHer's purposes, we define SPAM as anything that qualifies as nonsense unrelated to the discussion, either in comments on a blog or in our forums. This nonsense may take classic forms (e.g., simple links to unrelated content that are often advertising or e-commerce), or more insidious forms.
BlogHer's staff defines and determines what is "unacceptable content" on a case-by-case basis, and our definitions are not limited to this list. We reserve the right to change these standards at any time with no notice. We also reserve the right to remove links to any content at any time.
We welcome your help upholding these community guidelines. If you are concerned about any content you see on this network, we urge you to mark it as spam by clicking on the appropriate link that appears at the bottom of every post. We also invite you to contact us whenever you see content that violates these guidelines. Thank you for working with us to create a great environment for the BlogHer community.