VIDEO: Relive a Little of BlogHer '13 with Our Videos, Now Live!
Happy Friday! Our BlogHer '13 official conference videos are live! We know that both those who attended and those who couldn't make it love to watch these, so we're thrilled to put them here for your viewing pleasure! Would you like to relive a little of BlogHer '13 with me? Okay, let's go.
On Thursday night, SidneyYork performed on the big stage. My friends and I enjoyed the 90's feel. Daily's was the sponsor of the evening and walked around, ahem, lei-ing people. Always a good start to a conference!
Friday morning, Lisa Stone, Elisa Camahort Page, and Jory Des Jardins got us fired up with their kick-off to the conference. We learned that 52% of conference attendees this year were #BlogHerNewbies -- and other important stats about BlogHer and blogging in general.
Immediately after the three BlogHer Co-Founders got us revved up for the conference, Ree Drummond, the Pioner Woman, came on to tell us all about her experience from starting her blog to her show on Food Network -- and beyond. We laughed a lot and enjoyed her great photographs.
That afternoon, Elisa took to the stage to interview Guy Kawasaki, the first non-Presidential, non-Community-Keynoter male Keynoter! Cool.
As all of the sessions wrapped up on Friday evening, we all returned to the Sheraton for my favorite part of the BlogHer conference: Voices of the Year Community Keynote. I cried -- happy and heartbroken tears. I think you will too. Tissue warning!
If you are interested in sharing individual VOTY videos, the links are as follows:
- Fadra Nally: The Top 10 Faces of BlogHer
- JC Little: How to check for pinWORMS
- Zakary Watson: DIY Is Full Of Danger: A Cautionary Tale
- Thien-Kim Lam: I'm Tired of Defending My Nationality
- Melissa Tingley: Evil is Just an Excuse
- Adrienne Jones: A Dislocation of Mind
- Casey Carey-Brown: I Got Saved at Jesus Camp
- Melanie Coffee: Talking About Race with my Biracial 5 year old
- Ellie Schoenberger: Behind The Veil
- Ann Imig: Own your creativity. Or at least flying-cross-body-press it
- Shannon Bradley-Colleary: What I Know About Sex Now That I'm In My 40s
- Kelly Wickham: Demand the Supply
First thing on Saturday morning, Sheryl Sandberg asked us what we would do if we weren't afraid during her Lean In keynote with Lisa Stone. (So? What would you do?)
Immediately following Sheryl's keynote, attendees formed some Lean In Circles and got into the nitty-gritty of leaning in. If you're wondering what it's all about, you simply have to watch this video.
Over lunch, Lourds Lane wowed our audience with a performance.
Immediately after Lourds' performance, Jory interviewed Majora Carter, Lisa Donovan, Brit Morin, and Randi Zuckerberg in the Makers and Creators keynote. Their keynote brought some animated faces and talk to the stage. See?
As Jory started out with saying, there was no roadmap for these women to reach their success. It's vastly interesting to hear each of their experiences.
For the final keynote of the conference, Elisa interviewed Gale Anne Hurd. Maybe you've heard of Walking Dead? Yeah. The preview for the next season at the beginning was omgintense, and her interview left the audience feeling inspired.
We closed out the conference in style -- quite literally -- with the 2nd Annual BlogHer Fashion Show. If you want to see all types of confident women strutting their stuff on the catwalk, don't miss this one!
Interested in sharing individual bloggers' fashion walks? Here they are!
- Jillee: http://youtu.be/4Eyb2Wp1I8Q
- Ashley: http://youtu.be/_TPXcVJoOPc
- Cristi Comes: http://youtu.be/hiFBmWl0lu8
- Meseidy Rivera: http://youtu.be/kbVJgaCJzUs
- Natasha Nicholes: http://youtu.be/kgxY0qSgx50
- Lizz Porter: http://youtu.be/iax-kAng_bQ
- Kareisha Questel: http://youtu.be/ZaracVDcIdY
- Grace Hwang Lynch: http://youtu.be/5UViLaNwBmc
- Katherine Stone: http://youtu.be/vH__vxg4LEw
- Kailynn: http://youtu.be/ThsAqhSXevI
- Isra Hashmi: http://youtu.be/hLVYfNFPhZI
- Elaine Griffin: http://youtu.be/EodtB-8Mrd0
- Lianne Farbes: http://youtu.be/GE4xmsyoiY8
- Vikki Reich: http://youtu.be/Nu3uTOtPhQw
- Luvvie: http://youtu.be/UOpk4TFvI20
- Patrice: http://youtu.be/5YXYUDjEHLI
That's a lot of video to watch. When you've finished it all up and feel like you're still needing more BlogHer '13, go still frame with our official BlogHer photos or read all of our session transcripts.