Tunesday Tuesday: Random 5
Next week's theme will be...
I have to make an embarrassing confession regarding this week's theme - I couldn't figure out how to play my playlist on shuffle in iTunes. In my defense, I can do it on my iPod and on my iPhone, but I was writing at my computer, so wanted to hit shuffle and play right from iTunes. Could. Not. Figure. It. Out. I'm going to blame a mixture of exhaustion from a four year old with bad dreams and some stress from too much on the to-do list. It certainly cannot be any indicator of intelligence or tech-savvy-ness. So with a tremendous amount of grumbling (far more than the situation called for) I dug my iPod out of a drawer and charged her up. When I hit shuffle on my playlist on there (which I know how to do, thankyouverymuch), here are the first five songs that played:
1. Zac Brown Band - Highway 20 Ride The Zac Brown band is one of those bands I just have to be in the mood for. I know some people love them all the time, but I'm a little more picky with them. And actually, this really isn't one of my favorites of theirs because it just seems sad.
2. David Nail - Missouri David Nail is a bit more of an all the time like. I actually hadn't listened to him in awhile, and hearing this song made me want to listen to the whole album. He's got a great voice and his songs are often easy to relate to, even if they make me a little blue sometimes.
3. Domestic Problems - Bowling I had to include the video for this one, even if the picture and audio are slightly subpar. But it's from a show I'm pretty sure I was at, and the song is absolutely hilarious. Which is one of the things I loved about this band - they can write and perform both the funniest song ever and my very favorite love song of all time. how could you not love them? (And the trumpet player, who you may recall from an early Tunesday Tuesday post of mine!) **I will offer a warning that this is slightly inappropriate, and probably not for little ears. So put your headphones on, mama!**
4. Domestic Problems - Where I found it funny that shuffle picked two DP songs in a row. (And yes, I did wonder if I had screwed up the shuffle feature.) But just the randomness of shuffle, I guess! Everything I said about this band above, yeah...again. Love them. Click on the link. Do it.
5. Counting Crows - Round Here (Live version from Across a Wire album) This was one of my favorite bands in college, and I still love them today - partly for their music, and partly for the memories and feelings it brings out for me. This one isn't my favorite, but I do love the live versions of their songs, as well as the acoustic ones.
So - up for the challenge? Either tell me in the comments what your "random 5" songs are, or head over to my blog to link up your blog post! I'd love to know!!