- Step 1: Melt butter in a pot over medium-high heat. (I find it works better with stainless steel vs. nonstick.)
- Step 2: Watch the butter carefully and swirl it around several times in the pan while it's melting.
- Step 3: Allow the butter to foam up and turn a light brown color; then remove from heat.
- Step 4: The butter should be an amber, light brown color and should have a nutty smell.
Tortellini with Brown Butter, Garlic & Basil
Prep Time: 10 minutes Cook Time: 15 minutes Servings: 8
- 2 lb. Cheese Tortellini (fresh or frozen)
- 3 tbsp. Salted Butter
- 2 tbsp. Fresh Basil, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions; drain water. (Cooking times may vary depending on whether you are using fresh or frozen tortellini.
- While the tortellini is cooking, prepare the brown butter. (Use a larger pot so that you can add the tortellini to it after it finishes cooking). The entire process should take approximately 2-3 minutes.
- Once the butter has been removed from the heat, add the garlic and basil and stir for 1 minute.
- Finally, add the cooked tortellini and freshly grated cheese; mix well.
Calories 291, Carbs 34.7g, Fat 11.4g, Protein 12.3g, Fiber 3g, Sugar 2.2g