Teriyaki Glazed Tofu
Expanding on some of our favorites: baked tofu and our teriyaki glaze, this recipe combines the two to make a quick and easy vegetarian dinner. Served with a simple cucumber salad and rice, this recipe will be a favorite for any weeknight dinner.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 35 minutes
for the tofu
- 2 containers (32 ounces) firm tofu
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup water + 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine
- 1 tablespoon, plus 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons minced ginger
- ½ tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 scallions, thinly chopped
for the cucumber salad
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped white onion
- 2 tablespoons seasoned rice wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- pinch of garlic powder
- salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicon liner.
- Slice the tofu into triangles and place them on the lined baking sheet so that each piece does not touch. Place the tofu on a shelf placed midway in the oven. Cook for 35 minutes or until the tofu is light brown on the outside yet still soft on the inside.
- While the tofu is cooking, combine the soy sauce, 1/4 cup water, rice wine, brown sugar, sugar, garlic and ginger in a saucepan over medium heat until the sugar is dissolved.
- Mix ½ tablespoon cornstarch with 1 tablespoon water. Heat the sauce on medium high-heat and add the cornstarch water mixture. Simmer until thickened.
- To prepare the cucumber salad, toss the cucumbers, onions, rice wine, olive oil and garlic powder. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Plate the tofu and drizzle the glaze over top. Garnish with scallions. Serve with cucumber salad and rice.
A family that eats together... from foodie to kid friendly in one dish