Ricotta and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Roll-Ups
Baked chicken breast rolled with sun-dried tomatoes, ricotta and Parmesan cheese lightly breaded and baked till a golden brown. A wonderful way to dress up plain old chicken breast for a simple and healthy dinner. Served alongside brown rice and a side salad.
I made a generous portion of the sun-dried tomato and ricotta mixture because in my opinion you can never have too much cheese. Plus this allows a taste of the cheesy filling in every bite. This recipe is for two chicken breast but feel free to double the recipe if you are feeding a family of four.
Ricotta and Sun-Dried Tomato Chicken Roll-ups
(Serving Size: 2 chicken breast)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup Italian bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup part skim ricotta cheese
- 1/4 cup oil packed sun-dried tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- Pound chicken with a meat mallet till flattened.
- Place the egg white and bread crumbs in separate bowls. In another bowl mix together the ricotta, Parmesan, sun-dried tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast into the egg white, coat both sides with the bread crumbs, and place on a foil lined baking dish.
- Divide the ricotta mixture in half on spread onto the middle of each piece of chicken. Roll up and secure with a toothpick.
- Drizzle the chicken with olive oil and bake on 400 degrees for 25- 30 minutes.