Protecting Yourself From On-Line Intrusions
Since, the recent security breaches in Privacy online, you must become even more viligant to protect yourself from indenty thieves and privacy intrusions. I learned a vauable lesson, in a way, it caused a lot of uncomfortable feelings. I'm sharing, this so that, you can be aware that using your cellphone apps,, downloading free software applications, and using multiple accesibility to email accounts and passwords can cause great problems.
I know that we are in age, that conveinence is neccessary,but without, taking special precautions it can and will cause you great problems. I know, that you have seen the Ads that state, how banking can become much easier. Well, emalware and viruses are not very apparent, and you may not be able to see them. Once, your computer, or cell phone is infected these hackers or thieves are able to use your information to their advantage.
This is not really for the X-Generation, because, most of them have grown up in the tech age. This is geared to the BabyBoomers, and older, where some have no clue that this can actually happened to them. I will give you several things to look out for:
1) If you are getting alot of spam mail and adverstising in your email account, make sure that you go into the account portion and Opt-out.
2) Do not always rely on your anti-software program to do the work for you. Go ,into the "Start" section if it is a PC, and input in the search section "emalware" to see what appears in the files. Make sure you delete every one of them, because, once infected this is still a route of travel into your private information.
3) Also, make sure that your computer, is not in any "remote access" mode this is another access point to get information.
4) I would, be very weary, of putting: Bank accounts, Insurance accounts, and Student loan account information in your email accounts. This has become, the most painful for me. I would'nt wish this on my worst enemy. Once, this information is retrieve it can take years to straighten out so beware.
5) If you are homeschooling a child, make sure that you do not use that computer for your personal information. It is on a network and it gives everyone the access to it.
There are Federal Agencies, that can help if you are really having extreme problems. You can, contact the FTC, FCC and other's that can help you protect yourself from this type of activity. Good Luck !!!
I'm still having problems with my system, there is someone router connected to my system and the more, I try to protect myself from intrusion the more presistent this person or persons gets. So make sure you are protected !!