My First Blog
I have been thinking about blogging for some time now. My life is so utterly comical, that someone else ought to get some entertainment from it! Well, at least it seems that way to me. My fear has been that if I actually tried to write about it, I wouldn't be able to genuinely communicate the absurdity and make the reader laugh as hard as we do. Or, perhaps the reality is my life isn't that funny and I'm just crazy!
Why the desire to blog? I think deep down we all have a need to be remembered, to be admired for our uniqueness, to have someone relate to our experiences. I have a longing for relevance.
Anyway, it's time to jump in with both feet (well, the hands actually are doing the work here!) So, here is a summary of what my life is about:
- I have been happily married for 21 years! He proposed 9 days after we met.
- We have three children, daughter age 20, daughter age 14, and son age 12
- Two of my children were adopted through foster care. Our adopted daughter was 16 and pregnant when we finalized her adoption.
- We now have two grandchildren.
- I am a stay at home mom and caregiver for my 89 year old grandmother with dementia. She has lived with us for the past 5 years. She doesn't remember who we are, but she thinks we are nice people to take care of her.
- We have two fat cats that think they own the place.
- We have a lazy, neurotic rescued English Setter and a sweet, snuggly 3 1/2 pound Chihuahua.
- For fun and relaxation, I like to play electric bass, perform in community theater, and pilot a hot air balloon.
So, I do hope that someone will read my ramblings and find them amusing, inspiring, funny, relatable, entertaining, or at least not a complete waste of time! If you read this, please let me know that I am not alone.
Happy New Year!