GUILT-FREE MILKSHAKE RECIPE!
As my friends know, I have quite the sweet tooth. But, I’ve learned that I generally feel crappy after eating too much refined sugar and gluten. So I’ve scoured the planet for the BEST healthy dessert recipes that taste so good, you don’t feel as though you’re sacrificing at all.
In fact, when I made this recipe for a dinner party, my friends couldn’t believe it was healthy, and they still talk about it months later!
Raw Mint-Chip Shake
- 1-2 Tbs raw cacao nibs (or unsweetened chocolate chips)
- 1 frozen large banana (the more ripe, the better)
- 1-2 drops peppermint extract (or handful of fresh mint leaves)
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach (or opt for all-natural green food coloring, or just make a white mint shake)
- 2/3 cup non-dairy milk of choice (coconut, almond,hemp, etc. Use more or less, depending on desired thickness.)
Optional Ideas & Add-ins
- raw cacao powder
- chocolate protein powder
- garnish with fresh mint leaves
- 2-4 drops liquid stevia (I love the peppermint liquid stevia from Sweet Leaf)
I got this recipe from my good friend and colleague, Kelly Cornell, an internationally recognized Holistic Nutritionist.
Founder & CEO Akoya Power, LLC