7 Canadian Bloggers to Follow for Canada Day
While my American friends are getting ready to pull out their stars and stripes, up here in Canada I'm gearing up for a festive Canada Day in Ottawa. My July 1 will be filled with friends, food, and fireworks ... but I wanted to leave you with some fabulous Canadian bloggers to follow. Check them out, and please leave links to your favourite Canucks in the comments below.
After living in our house for four years, we're finally really starting to thinking about decor. Kerri's blog is one I turn to for inspiration and practical advice. Do I want to paint wall stripes? She's got practical advice and lessons learned. Having a party? She'll tell me how to make your own photo booth. She makes turning 41 sound pretty good, too.
- Follow A Pop of Pretty on BlogHer
- Follow A Pop of Pretty on Twitter
- Follow A Pop of Pretty on Facebook
- Follow A Pop of Pretty on Instagram
- Follow A Pop of Pretty on Pinterest
I'm originally from the East Coast, and Kim's blog occasionally makes me homesick. Like her, the ocean is my thinking place. I miss it. You'll also appreciate her advice for what to do when you can't find the words. We've all been there, right?
- Follow Co-Pilot Mom on BlogHer
- Follow Co-Pilot Mom on Twitter
- Follow Co-Pilot Mom on Facebook
- Follow Co-Pilot Mom on Instagram
- Follow Co-Pilot Mom on Pinterest
- Follow Co-Pilot Mom on Google+
If you are like me and are always on the search for the next new-to-you fabulous food blog, you need to check out Sophia's collection of vegetarian and vegan dishes. Her Greek lentil salad would be a great addition to your next summer barbecue. And her vegan and gluten-free mint chocolate milkshake blew me away.
- Follow Love and Lentils on BlogHer
- Follow Love and Lentils on Twitter
- Follow Love and Lentils on Facebook
- Follow Love and Lentils on Instagram
- Follow Love and Lentils on Pinterest
Kathleen describes her blog as chronicling "a journey of living out Jesus’ radical, counter-cultural, counter-intuitive Way." If you wonder that means, she has helpfully created a page of posts that help describe her journey. She writes about everything from why she chooses to spend more on groceries, to how to ditch your shampoo, to what you need to know about raising tadpoles with your kids. You are sure to find something interesting and thought-provoking on Kathleen's blog.
- Follow Becoming Peculiar on BlogHer
- Follow Becoming Peculiar on Twitter
- Follow Becoming Peculiar on Facebook
- Follow Becoming Peculiar on Pinterest
Katy is a food blogger, but like so many of my favourite food bloggers, she invites you into her life as she's sharing her recipes. You'll find yourself agreeing with her thoughts about blinking cursors in the middle of a strawberry and lime frozen yogurt recipe. You'll love her iPhone photos from a recent trip to Thailand. If you've ever thought about starting your own food blog, Katy has a great list of food blogging resources.
- Follow Katy's Kitchen on BlogHer
- Follow Katy's Kitchen on Twitter
- Follow Katy's Kitchen on Facebook
- Follow My Life in a Nutshell on Instagram
- Follow Katy's Kitchen on Pinterest
- Follow Katy's Kitchen on Google+
I've been trying to pin down what it is I like so much about Carmen's blog, and I've decided it's that her blog is full of the things that my friends and I talk about all the time. She's figured out the secret to doing chores, and is trying to find her meal planning groove. Her list of things she'd like to learn makes me think about what I want to put on my list. Reading Carmen's blog is like catching up with an old friend.
- Follow My Life in a Nutshell on BlogHer
- Follow My Life in a Nutshell on Twitter
- Follow My Life in a Nutshell on Instagram
- Follow My Life in a Nutshell on Pinterest
Toronto Girl West grew up in and loves Toronto, but the day came when she had to spread her wings. Those wings took her to Paris (I know, I'm jealous too!) before settling down on Canada's west coast. Her photos will have you wanting to book a trip to British Columbia, and I bet her Zumba class has a better view than your Zumba class. Don't miss her posts recapping her month-long trip to China last fall.
- Follow Toronto Girl West on BlogHer
- Follow Toronto Girl West on Facebook
- Follow Toronto Girl West on Instagram
- Follow Toronto Girl West on Pinterest
- Follow Toronto Girl West on Youtube
Do you read a great Canada blog? Or follow an awesome Canadian on Instagram, Pinterest, or Twitter? Share them in the comments!