Fabulous Fettucine Alfredo from The Home Cooked Gourmet
Fabulous Fettucine Alfredo makes a nice fall meal with some garlic bread and a tossed salad. It is fast and easy to put together and can be made with or without chicken.
3/4 pound fettucine
6 tablespoons butter
1 shallot, minced
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper ]
4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves
1. Brown chicken and cut into small bite-size pieces.
2. Cook fettucine in a pot of boiling salted water until pasta is done.
3. While the pasta is cooking, melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat.
4. Add shallots and saute until tender.
5. Add heavy cream and bring to a boil.
6. Cook until sauce has reduced slightly, about 5 minutes; remove from the heat.
7. Mix chicken into sauce mixture.
8. Add 3/4 of the Parmesan cheese to the mixture and stir until well blended.
9. Drain the fettucine and stir into the alfredo sauce.
10. Top with leftover Parmesan cheese and salt and pepper to taste.