from April 8 :)
Sorry I've dropped off the face of blog Earth for two weeks. I have no great reason for this. Except that the four-month sleep regression is ruining our lives. In a bit of good news, quitting dairy is working like gangbusters and baby's weight is shooting up the charts!
I hope I can make up for my absence by sharing my most recently completed projects. It is something I wanted to make since Veronica was just a twinkle in my eye, and I'm so happy to have it finished. Please say hello to mummy's little Dalek.
This was my first time working with bobbles and I thought they were pretty fun. They sure do eat up yarn, though. Since I was making this dress so much bigger than called for in the pattern, I had to order more yarn (I ordered this yarn before she was born, expecting her to be a bit more average in size). I had dye lot issues, so I used one dye lot of grey and black for the skirt (not including borders) and a different dye lot for everything else. It worked out nicely. I stranded the black yarn in between the bobbles (apparently some people do them more like intarsia). I'm just extremely pleased with the entire project! So I can't believe I didn't get on here sooner to share it. ;)
I've embarked on something new and relatively epic. I'll share progress photos soon.