I love Eggplant Parmesan!
I do not like the idea of the breading and eating fried foods. I started using this as a healthy alternative to Eggplant Parmesan. I usually serve this with a side of whole grain spaghetti and some extra sauce.
The recipe works really well with the Marinara Sauce recipe I posted on this site. If you do not have the time to make Marinara Sauce just use your favorite Marinara Sauce.
When I make the stackers I bake them in large soufflé cups lined with greased parchment paper. If you do not have soufflé cups you could easily bake this on a greased cookie sheet and serve unstacked over some whole wheat pasta or bake them like a lasagna in a small rectangular or square pan. Of course going one of these other routes would affect bake times!
1/2 pound eggplant cut into 1/4 inch slices
1 tablespoon olive oil
3/4 cup marinara sauce
3/4 cup shredded low-fat mozzarella cheese
2 tablespoons fresh shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Brush both sides of eggplant slices with oil. Place on an ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes.Turn and bake 7-8 minutes longer or until lightly browned and tender. Cool on a wire rack.
- Reduce heat in oven to 350 degrees.
- Place one eggplant slice in each of two 10-oz. ramekins lined with parchment paper coated with nonstick cooking spray. Top each with 2 tablespoons spaghetti sauce and 2 tablespoons mozzarella cheese. Repeat layers twice. Sprinkle tops with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly and cheese is melted.
Blogger and food service professional shares this and many more healthy and tasty recipes at http://yipsonfoods.blogspot.com/