Just for fun - and because list-making is one of my true and lasting loves - I've gone back and scoured the furthest recesses of my brain to come up with a (hopefully comprehensive) compilation of the leisure-time, hobby-type, creative activities I've learned (or, in far too many cases, attempted and abandoned) in the past.
It actually turned out to be QUITE a list!
(Please note, though, that these items represent a wide, wide variety of skill levels! In other words, just because something shows up on the list doesn't mean that I did it well, or even stuck with it for long... but I did try, which is to me one of the most important things in life.)
So without further ado, I present...
My Lifetime Inventory of Attempted
Leisure-time, Hobby-type, Creative Activities
- Playing musical instruments - piano, flute, clarinet, guitar
- Jewellery making using wire, beads, leather, polymer clay, metal, etc.
- Needle felting
- Rug hooking
- Weaving friendship bracelets
- Rubber stamping
- Paper making
- Book making
- Sketching using pencil, charcoal, pastels, etc.
- Sketching using a drawing app
- Zentangle® and ZIA (Zentangle®-Inspired Art)
- Oil painting
- Wax sculptures
- 30 Days of Creativity Challenge
- iPhoneography with editing apps and filters
- Photo A Day Challenge
- Making bath goodies - salts, bombs, oils, etc.
- Sushi making
- Vegetarian cooking
- Writing poetry
- Writing newspaper articles
- Mindful Writing Challenge (Small Stones)
- Rock tumbling
- Basket making
- Copper tooling
- Indoor hydroponic gardening
- Herb gardening
- Web design
- Flash design
- Icon making
- Learning French
- Learning Italian
- The Artist's Way
Well, that's all I can dream up at the moment - but I reserve the right to edit as more things come to mind (or as I try something new). And I'm always up for something new... feel free to inspire me!
How many of these have you tried? What can you add?
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."
In honor of NaBloPoMo in November, BlogHer is launching BlogHer PRO School, a month-long course of concrete ways to improve your writing and focus your blog. And don't miss your chance to build on your NaBlo inspiration at BlogHer PRO on December 3-4: Two intensive, hands-on days of workshops and opportunities that help you take your blog or business to the next level. REGISTER NOW!