Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
If you think “Healthy Cookie” is an oxymoron, well…you might be right. But there are definitely cookies you can feel way less guilty about eating, and this is one of them! In fact, I’ve eaten about 20 over the past couple days and haven’t had a single twinge of guilt. Perhaps it’s because my belly is already bursting with what the doctor predicts to be an 8 pound baby (eek!) …but still.
Recipe: Chocolate Cherry Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons nonfat milk
- 5 ounces dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Combine flours and next 3 ingredients (through salt) in a large bowl; stir with a whisk.
- Combine melted butter and brown sugar. Add sugar mixture to flour mixture; beat with a mixer at medium speed until well blended. Add cherries, vanilla, milk and egg; beat until combined. Fold in chocolate. Refrigerate 1-3 hours. Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 12 minutes. Cool on pans 3 minutes or until almost firm. Remove cookies from pans; cool on wire racks.