Chicken Fried Rice
I like to have fried rice as an entree for dinner! When I lived in the city there were so many great Chinese restaurants that delivered...I was able to enjoy Chinese food quite often....now it seems like I make my own Chinese food. This is probably the healthier option, anyways. I do miss the convenience but I am enjoying tweaking recipes to my tastes! This recipe has a fair amount of chicken and veggies to make it a nice one dish meal. Enjoy!
Chicken Fried Rice
Yield 4 Servings
1/2 cup Egg Beaters (or two large eggs)
2 tablespoon canola oil
1 pound thinly sliced chicken breast
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 tablespoon chopped garlic
1 onion chopped
2 cups cold brown rice, packed
3/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
1 cup frozen green peas, defrosted
3/4 cup matchstick carrots
2 to 4 tablespoons low sodium soy sauce
- Coat large skillet with cooking spray. Heat pan over medium low heat. Add Egg Beaters and cook flat for about 2-3 minutesuntil fully cooked. Remove eggs from pan slice eggs in small strips.
- In the same large skillet or wok heat 1 tablespoon canola oil over medium heat. Sprinkle salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper on chicken. Place in skillet and cook until completely cooked. Remove from skillet, set aside.
- Add one tablespoon canola oil in the same large skillet or wok heat oil over medium heat. Add one tablespoon garlic saute 30 seconds, add onions, saute until soft, about 4 minutes.
- Add rice, chicken, peas, carrots, 3/4 teaspoon black pepper and 2 tablespoons soy sauce. Stir all ingredients together until heated thoroughly. Taste and add more soy sauce if necessary. Reduce heat to low and cover. Cook for an additional five minutes stirring occasionally.
- If you have to make rice for this recipe quick cool it in the freezer in a shallow dish. Hot rice does not work well in this recipe.
- Feel free to add other veggies or instead of chicken you could add sliced pork or even more veggies!
- I like to add the matchstick carrots for a little crunch and texture but feel free to use frozen peas and carrots mix instead .
- If you like garlicky rice use two tablespoons garlic.
- When I make this I make the egg in a large skillet and I make the chicken and stir fry in a wok.