Ceviche with Tilapia and Calamari
One of the healthiest things that you can eat is white fish. When I am trying to eat clean, I am always looking for great ways to change up my recipes. I also don’t want to hear how stinky the house is from my kids and husband after I cook fish in the oven. I love ceviche, so I decided I would give it a try. Ceviche is great because you can make it one day and eat it subsequently. It is so refreshing and there is basically nothing to feel guilty about. You can add a little olive oil to yours but I didn’t to save the calories. I love calamari, so I added it to the fish, to give it a little more texture. It turned out so good and I will definitely make it again soon. Maybe tomorrow!
Hope you enjoy this yummy guilt free alternative to fish.
- 1.5 lbs tilapia fillets or other firm white fish fillets, cubed
- .5 pounds calamari/squid (optional)
- 8 -10 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno or habanero pepper, seeded and chopped
- 8 -12 limes, freshly squeezed and strained to remove pulp, enough to cover fish
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced and rinsed
- Combine all ingredients except red onion and mix well.
- Place red onion on top and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2-3 hours before serving. Stir while marinating
- Mix well before serving
- Can be served with salad or avocado
- You can omit the salt if you wish. I used flounder, tilapia and calamari.