Get a Free Conference Pass! It's the #BlogHerFood15 Call for Volunteers
It's that time! Our call for volunteers for #BlogHerFood 15!
Because BlogHer conferences are the "conferences the community built," we need your help to make this #BlogHerFood15 as amazing as last. We have BlogHerships available for the following positions:
- Mic Wrangler
- Registration Desk Helper or
- Live Blogger
What is a BlogHership, you ask? BlogHerships are a way for people who cannot afford the conference pass to a BlogHer event to still attend. BlogHerships are always volunteer positions at the conferences.
If we are asking for a significant amount of your time, effort, or elbow grease to get something done at the conference, then we will compensate you with a full conference pass. All BlogHerships are designed to cover the $398 registration fee only and do not include travel expenses. Apply now for your chance at a free admission into #BlogHer Food15 in Chicago in November, 2015!
Read more about the various volunteer positions below.
- Mic Wranglers: Movers and shakers apply here! Mic Wranglers will need to maneuver through rooms to deliver the microphone to attendees who want to make their voices heard. This task is especially important because it also affects audio recordings, so you'll need to be able to move about the room quickly. The estimated time commitment is two sessions three (3) hours per day.
- Registration Desk Helpers: This job encompasses more than being a friendly face. Registration Desk Helpers have the critical task of coordinating check-in for attendees, providing badges, tote bags and maps, answering myriad questions and being a general know-it-all (or at least knowing where to find the answers). The estimated time commitment is three (3) hours per day.
- LiveBloggers: Can you type quickly? Do you have a knack for remaining unbiased? In this position, volunteers will create an official record of assigned sessions for both attendees and non-attendees to reference. You must transcribe the session as it plays out, not summarize or editorialize the discussion between panelists and attendees. LiveBloggers must use their own wifi-enabled laptops. The estimated time commitment is two sessions three (3) hours per day.
- Floater: help where needed three (3) hours per day.
If you are interested in a BlogHership, don’t delay: you have until Tuesday, September 8 to apply.
Now for the Conference details:
When: November 5 - 6, 2015
Where: Hyatt Regency, Chicago
vp, event operations