BlogHer PRO School: The Most Powerful Writing Class You'll Take
BlogHer is doing anything but winding down as approach the end of the year. Two of our biggest initiatives take place in the next few weeks: NaBloPoMo and the third annual BlogHer PRO Conference. This year, we're tying these two fall classics together by launching the BlogHer PRO School—a powerful writing class to help you make the most of NaBloPoMo and extend the BlogHer PRO experience beyond the conference walls.
Each November, thousands of bloggers commit to posting every single day for NaBloPoMo. It's a crazy time, when we are fumbling for inspiration, dealing with the holidays, and wondering why we took on this crazy commitment.
NaBlo is about stretching our boundaries, getting a little kooky, supporting each other, and having fun, for sure.
But for a lot of us, it's also a serious commitment to growing our audience, honing our talent, and energizing ourselves to get through the holidays and emerge in 2015 with more skills and opportunities.
BlogHer's latest research makes it clear that the sweet spot for bloggers is to write posts that are:
BlogHer PRO '14 on December 3 and 4 is all about taking that sweet spot and finding ways turn it into real opportunities, though teaching video skills, helping you create media kits, exploring 2015 trends, networking, and coaching you through a book or marketing proposal.
Meanwhile, a present from us to you: In honor of NaBloPoMo this month, we've invited some Voices of the Year honorees to teach you their techniques for writing useful posts, finding your voice, and getting inspired. We'll be sharing some of our own best practices, too!
They'll be posting every Monday and Wednesday in November, and they'll be here in the comments to answer questions.
Your teachers will also be showing up in our Twitter chat every Monday and Wednesday. Just follow BlogHer on Twitter and join us at 10AM PT/1PM ET with the hashtag #NaBloPoMo. (We're chatting every weekday in November, so feel free to join the conversation any day at that time.)
We'll also be sending the new posts to your inbox each Wednesday, so sign up now.
The PRO School Curriculum
Wednesday, November 12: Exercises to Spark Your Writing Creativity, by BlogHer Executive Editor Julie Ross Godar
Wednesday, November 26: What's Your Angle? by our NaBloPoMo partner WordPress.com and the folks at their super-helpful site The Daily Post
So join us in November, on BlogHer and on Twitter, to learn from these amazing bloggers and to challenge yourself to write new and better things … whether you're doing NaBlo this year or not!
And don't forget to …
- Add yourself to the NaBloPoMo blogroll for November, if you're playing along. Joining the blogroll now enters you to win a pass to BlogHer PRO '14 in December, to use or to give away on your blog. The blogroll closes November 5, so do it now.
- Check out the BlogHer PRO '14 agenda. It's a life-changing two days of hands-on workshops you need to take and the upcoming trends you need to know.
- Sign up for the BlogHer PRO School and NaBloPoMo emails now.
- Join us on Twitter at 10AM PT/1PM ET each weekday to discuss NaBloPoMo, and on Mondays and Wednesdays to chat with the BlogHer PRO School leaders.
- Take your blog to the next level: Register for BlogHer PRO '14 today!