Blogger Awards - Catching Up
Every now and then I receive a nudge from a fellow blogger letting me know that they have included me on a list of blogs they've nominated to receive a blogger award. It's always a thrill to receive one of these nudges, and to know that my little blog has meant something to someone.
But I have a confession to make.
You know how sometimes things just fall between the cracks? Even when they're important? Well, last year I received several blogger nominations within a few months of each other (back when I was still blogging as Dawn Storey). While at the time I was both excited and moved when I received each and every one of them, and fully intended to post links and fulfill the obligations of the various awards... for whatever reason, I didn't.
And I am sorry.
This week a nomination for a brand new award reminded me of my negligence, so I thought I'd take this opportunity to remedy the situation by saying a belated (but no less grateful) THANK YOU! to my very kind (and ever so patient!) blogging friends.
(I believe I bookmarked everyone who had nominated me for an award in the past, but some of the links I saved are no longer working, so if I missed you please accept my apologies and heartfelt thanks.)
- Provide a link to and thank the blogger who nominated you for this award.
- Answer ten questions.
- Nominate 10-12 blogs that you find a joy to read.
- Provide links to these nominated blogs and kindly let the recipients know they have been nominated.
- Include the award logo within your blog post.
- Your favourite colour: Burgundy (not as in Ron)
- Your favourite animal: Monkeys! (Haven't you always wanted a monkey?)
- Your favourite non-alcoholic drink: Water (I know, bor-ing...)
- Facebook or Twitter? Facebook (definitely)
- Your favourite pattern: Swirls (or maybe paisley)
- Do you prefer getting or giving presents? Yes! (*grin*)
- Your favourite number: Three ("Right. One... two... five." "Three, sir." "Three.")
- Your favourite day of the week: Friday (everyone is happy on Friday!)
- Your favourite flower: Tulips (or freesias, because they smell divine)
- What is your passion? Life!
- Much Needed Advice
- Thoughts From the Shower
- May I Have a Word
- Sunbonnet Smart
- Becky Cochrane
- Everyday Gyaan
- Tea Leaves
- The Girl Who Cried Skinny
- The Black Tortoise
- A Writer Weaves a Tale
Please take a few minutes and visit each of these bloggers. Who knows - you might make a new friend!
And once again, thank you.
(Original post in Alphabet Salad.)
Laurel Regan blogs about life as she lives it at Alphabet Salad - "an eclectic assortment of rants & ramblings."