Black Bean & Turkey Chili
I know it's not quite chili weather, but that doesn't mean you can't make an all-in-one meal year round! Especially if you're like my family and you're already running ragged with the kids activities.
This Black Bean and Turkey Chili is a hearty and healthy dinner that you can make ahead of time, then reheat for a quick weeknight meal. Serve this Black Bean and Turkey Chili on it's own (which is how I like it since I'm watching my carb intake) or over rice or pasta. Simply add all of the ingredients to the pot and let it do the work for you!
Black Bean and Turkey Chili
Prep Time: 15 minutes Yield: 6 cups
Cook Time: 1 hour 30 minutes Serving: 1 cup
Total Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 1 lb. 99% Fat Free Ground Turkey
- 1 tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/2 c. Red Onion, chopped
- 1/2 Green Pepper, chopped
- 2 Cloves Garlic, chopped
- 4 c. Organic Vegetable Broth
- 1 tbsp. Fresh Oregano, chopped
- 3 Plum Tomatoes, chopped
- 2- 15oz. Cans Black Beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tsp. Chili Powder
- 2 tbsp. Pecorino Romano Cheese, grated
- Heat the oil a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat and add the ground turkey. Stir until the meat is cooked through and white.
- Add in the onion, peppers and garlic and cook for another 3-5 minutes until they start to soften.
- Next, add the vegetable broth, oregano, tomatoes, beans, chili powder and cheese. Mix well.
- Bring the mixture to a boil, turn down the heat to a low simmer; then cover the pot and cook for 1 hour- 1 1/4 hours allowing most of the liquid to evaporate.