The Big #BlogHer16 Highlights Preview
As I reviewed the release, even *I* was amazed at what we have lined up (and you'd think I'd be jaded by now, right?!) And all of the below is in addition to our six tracks of break-out programming on the latest online media drivers, including cutting-edge social tools, critical industry trends, and pressing social issues.
So, I had to share this preview here, too!
Our Main Stage Line-Up Is Awesome
- Keynote fireside chats with “The Big Bang Theory” actor, and STEM education advocate Mayim Bialik (Saturday lunch), iconic actor and entrepreneur Sarah Michelle Gellar (Friday morning), and cross-media mogul Kim Kardashian West (Friday lunch), plus additional mainstage Q&As with Lucy McBath (Saturday lunch), one of the "Mothers of the Movement," and nine-time Grammy award-winning singer, songwriter and breast cancer survivor Sheryl Crow (Friday lunch).
- Additional general session panels include one focused on next-generation feminist voices who use their celebrity to promote causes, featuring actors Jurnee Smollett-Bell and Matt McGorry, as well as U.S. boxer Heather Hardy (Saturday closing). We'll also have a general session panel focused on frank, funny, real talk about women and their sexual health, featuring HelloFlo founder and SheKnows Media Senior Vice President Naama Bloom, gynecologist Dr. Jessica Shepherd, and author Sarah Brokaw. (Thursday 5-6PM, before Evening at the Expo)
- Actor, comedian, director, author, and activist Aisha Tyler will emcee the ninth annual Voices of the Year community keynote, sponsored by Merck for Mothers.
- Thirteen-year-old prodigy DJ Fulano will spin at this year’s closing party to be held at The Conga Room.
Sponsors Are Bringing Cool People and Activities
- Sponsor sneak peeks and special events will include a screening of Amazon Studio’s new series "One Mississippi," with guest appearance by star Tig Notaro; a trailer debut for TNT’s new series, "Good Behavior," and sponsor-hosted special events featuring appearances by vegan chef Leslie Durso, actors Lori Laughlinand Ian Ziering; as well as experts on nutrition, interior design, and women’s leadership.
- Celebrity appearances in the Expo Hall include Freddie Prinze, Jr. signing his new cookbook in the Best Buy booth, Sheryl Crow in the Hologic booth, and HGTV personality Sabrina Soto in the VELCRO® Brand booth. Download the #BlogHer16 mobile app for booth locations.
- Our dozens of sponsors are launching new products and services, creating meaningful experiences, and providing fun activations for attendees to experience, learn from, and enjoy.
- The Pitch: SMB Edition returns to the conference after its smash debut at #BlogHer15. A platform and video series that elevates, connects, and coaches female entrepreneurs, The Pitch was created by SheKnows Media and will be sponsored by GoDaddy. Chief Executive Officer and Co-Founder of Ellevest Sallie Krawcheck will emcee the event. The SheKnows Media booth in the Expo Hall will feature exhibits from last year’s Pitch winners.
- The second annual #Femvertising Awards returns, and this year the finalists will be unveiled and opened to public voting during #BlogHer16. The #Femvertising Awards celebrate brands and agencies that break down gender stereotypes and challenge unattainable beauty standards through pro-female advertising.
- Also returning is Hatch Labs, a series of workshops designed for tween and teen attendees, training the next generation of leaders on how to express themselves online, and how to do so with mindfulness.
- #SheDoesGood, a partnership between SheKnows Media and the Ad Council, will debut at #BlogHer16. This program encourages social influencers and content creators to become ambassadors for the Ad Council’s social causes and pro-social campaigns that include: Love Has No Labels, Learning and Attention Issues, Save the Food, The Shelter Pet Project, Adoption from Foster Care, and Caregiving.
I think it would be reasonable to wish you were Orphan Black at the conference, no?
What are you most looking forward to? (And I won't be mad if you say it's ME interviewing Sarah Michelle and Kim, hint hint hint!)