#BlogHer16 Call for Volunteers!
It's that time! Our call for volunteers for #BlogHer16!
Because #BlogHer conferences are the "conferences the community built," we need your help to make this #BlogHer16 as amazing as last year's conference. We have BlogHerships available for the following positions:
- Mic Wrangler
- Registration Desk Help or
- Live Blogger
What is a BlogHership, you ask? BlogHerships are a way for people who cannot afford a BlogHer conference pass to still attend. BlogHerships are always volunteer positions at our conferences.
Because we are asking for a significant amount of your time, effort, or elbow grease to get something done at the conference, we will compensate you with a full conference pass. All BlogHerships are designed to cover the $399 registration fee only and do not include travel expenses. Apply now for your chance at free admission into #BlogHer16 in Los Angeles, CA in August 2016!
Read more about the various volunteer positions below.
- Mic Wranglers: Movers and shakers apply here! Mic Wranglers will need to maneuver through our meeting rooms to bring the microphone to attendees who want to make their voices heard. This task is especially important because it also affects audio recordings, so you'll need to be able to move about the room quickly. The estimated time commitment is three and a half (3.5) hours per day.
- Registration Desk Helpers: This job encompasses more than being a friendly face. Registration Desk Helpers have the critical task of coordinating check-in for attendees, providing badges, tote bags and maps, answering myriad questions and being a general know-it-all (or at least knowing where to find the answers). The estimated time commitment is three and a half (3.5) hours per day.
- LiveBloggers: Can you type quickly? Do you have a knack for remaining unbiased? In this position, volunteers will create an official record of assigned sessions for both attendees and non-attendees to reference. You must transcribe the session as it plays out, not summarize or editorialize the discussion between panelists and attendees. LiveBloggers must use their own wifi-enabled laptops. The estimated time commitment is three and half (3.5) hours per day.
- Floater: Help where needed three (3) hours per day.
If you are interested in a BlogHership, don’t delay... you have until Friday, February 19 to apply.
Don't wait! #BlogHer16: Experts Among Us will take place from August 4-6, 2016, in Los Angeles, CA.Register now: Space is limited.
Book your room.
See the agenda and speakers.
Sign up for the conferences newsletter for announcements and opportunities.
Follow us on Twitter.
vp, event operations