Announcing the BlogHer '14 Breakout Session Schedule!
Today, we're thrilled to share the breakout session agenda for BlogHer '14 with you!
BlogHer is celebrating the 10th anniversary of our annual conference this July, and we are so excited to see you there! With only 2,500 tickets available for sale, Early Bird pricing ending on February 28th, and an amazing few days in store, we suggest you buy yours soon!
For our conferences, BlogHer continues to create the most diverse offering of content, activities and formats around, and this year's agenda features the return of Pathfinder Day (our pre-conference intensive workshop), followed by two full days of education and introspection for every level and every tribe of blogger, and evening events that bring us all together and help us continue to build our tribes.
We know that so much of the power of the BlogHer experience comes from finding and connecting with bloggers who share your passions and interests. Since year one we've hosted hosted Birds of a Feather lunches and sessions to help you more easily connect with influencers in your sphere.
This year, we're excited to take the Birds of a Feather one step further and turn it into a really meaningful call to tribes! Saturday afternoon at BlogHer '14 will now be dedicated to the Birds of a Feather Mini-Cons, three hours set aside for passionate people to convene to focus on their craft and their community. Each will be hosted by a group of discussion leaders, and each Mini-Con's agenda will be customized and created by those who attend. You'll see the six mini-cons listed below, and the leaders for those will be announced shortly.
Another new and exciting feature of BlogHer '14 is the addition of a new Path for our Pathfinder Day. So many of us have come to photography and video in order to enhance our blogs, and discovered our own talent and the deep satisfaction that comes with expressing ourselves visually. Pathfinder Day is all about taking those talents and passions to the next level, so you can make the most of the burgeoning power of the "visual web." The new Path to Visual Artist joins the other Paths in this line-up of life-changing, goal-defining programming offered on Thursday before the main event. As always, tickets to Pathfinder Day are extremely limited (only about 50 per path). So commit to your greatness and register here!
The remainder of BlogHer '14's programming delivers targeted, educational, thought-provoking, inspiring content, served up in a variety of formats design to appeal to different learning styles. Whether you prefer quick bursts of knowledge, small group workshops, or spirited discussions featuring diverse viewpoints, you'll take away new skills, understand best practices, explore emerging ideas, and yes, there will be plenty of time to shake hands (and booties) with your fellow attendees!
We're offering seven tracks of programming at BlogHer '14, including:
- Blogging Fundamentals - The social media landscape continues to evolve rapidly, so whether you're relatively new or you've been at it a while, this is where you'll come to brush up on those fundamentals about blogging. This track will give you the tools you need to start strong and stay strong.
- Level Up - If you're an experienced blogger (and an experienced conference-goer), this track will give you new ideas and new inspiration to make more of your content, and more income from it.
- Publishing - Discover how to get published, the reality of life as a published writer, and different avenues you can explore to expand your skills and develop your portfolio.
- The Visual Web - We've all heard that pronouncements about how the Web is becoming more visually-driven. What does this mean for a writer? This track is designed to help the writer fully appreciate and participate in the Visual Web. Discover how to harness its power for (your own) good.
- Deep Blogging - Beneath the surface of your platform, your stats, your fonts, and your follower ratio are personal, meaningful, sometimes political motivations and considerations. Let's dig a little deeper into that and move mountains.
- The Geek Bar - Get small-group, hands-on help with your geekiest, techiest, most analytical blogging questions. Roll your sleeves up and crawl under the hood of your blog with some of our community's most experienced tech mavens.
- The Writing Lab - Sharpen your pencil, pour another cup of coffee, and cozy up with experienced writers to learn how to refine your technique, polish your work, and create content that continue to find new fans, illuminate and resonate.
We've already announced three amazing keynotes lined up for BlogHer '14 - Jenny Lawson (the Bloggess), Tig Notaro, and the 10x10 Project, featuring 15 fantastic community members. Stay tuned for more keynote announcements as we come closer to the event.
Additionally, you'll have time to meet and mingle with friends old and new at our evening events. We'll be outlining the BlogHer '14 Party Plan in a separate post, but fun traditions and exciting new plans are in the works.
There are a lot more details about BlogHer '14 coming over the next months, but we hope you're as excited about our preliminary agenda as we are! Between the program, the keynotes, and the parties, there's something for everyone this year. Register here, and we'll see you there!
Content Marketing Manager