Everyone needs a list of go-to tools to help them with the important things in their lives. Getting organized is no different. As we wrap up this year in Life Well Lived, I wanted to leave you with (in no particular order) my favorite resources that help me get sanely organized, including some I've created and hope you'll find useful. A few are probably things you have heard of before, but hopefully you will also find a some new resources to add to your list, and to your life. Enjoy!
1. Buttoned Up: My website is a great source for products, tips, and free downloads.
2. iPhone: Load it up with your favorite organizing apps (see below).
3. Life.doc Kit: This binder organizes your most important information (e.g., financial, legal, health, etc.) all in one place.
4. Post-it Notes: Available at any major office supply store, these sticky papers let you put information where you need it.
5. Tivo: Organize your television!
6. Mom Agenda: Made for moms, these simple planners are great for helping manage your time.
7. Evernote: Get organized in every way.
8. iNo: Have trouble saying no? This will help.
9. Echofon Twitter App: Here's a simple way to manage Twitter.
11. LifeTopix: Create easy to-do lists.
12. Path: Here's a social network for just your closest family and friends.
13. Chime.in: This social network connects you with all of your interests.
14. TeuxDeux: Another twist on the to-do list.
15. Clear: This is my favorite to-do list app. It's really fun to play with.
16. Spotify: Get your music on demand.
17. Dropbox: Send and store your files in the clouds.
Books and Magazines:
18. Real Simple magazine
19. HGTV Magazine
21. "How to Organize (Just About) Everything" by Peter Walsh
22. "It’s All Too Much: An Easy Plan for Living a Richer Life with Less Stuff" by Peter Walsh
23. "The One-Minute Organizer, Plain and Simple: 500 Tips for Getting Your Life in Order" by Donna Smallin
24. "Pretty Neat: The Buttoned-Up Way to Get Organized and Let Go of Perfection" by Alicia Rockmore and Sarah Welch
Online, Stores, and Catalogs:
25. BigDates: Set up email and cell phone reminders for important dates.
26. Cozi: Organize your family life the easy way.
27. Efax: Receive faxes directly through your email.
28. FreeConference: Set up a free conference call dial-in number.
29. Lifehacker: Simplify your life one blog post at a time.
30. Moving.com: Headed somewhere new? Check out this great resource for all things moving.
31. Smead: Here is where I get some of my favorite filing and binding products.
32. Organize.com: This is my one-stop shop for everything home organization, including great deals on products.
33. Container Store: Shop for products to organize your home or office.
34. FedEx Office (formerly Kinkos): This is the best place to start for shipping and printing.
35. 1-800-Got-Junk: This amazing service will send a truck to take away all of your unwanted stuff.
Remember, it does not have to be stressful or difficult to get organized. If you just make the time to do it and try to take on projects in bite-sized pieces, you are already more than halfway there. If you have additional resources you want to add to my list, PLEASE do. Share in the comments and/or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Happy organizing!
Be sure to enter the Life Well Lived Moments Sweepstakes for a chance to win an iPod Touch!