Advice for Any Situation: 13 Posts for 2014
The start of a new year is like Christmas for life coaches. Resolutions are made, gym memberships purchased and a sense of optimism and hope is in the air.
And even though most resolutions don’t survive January, the feeling of inspiration and excitement for the future is something worth keeping all year long.
So to motivate you through the cold winter months and beyond, I’ve assembled my 13 favorite inspirational blog posts from 2013 to send you on your way well into 2014.
Without further adieu ...
1) Stressing out over a potential love interest who’s sending you mixed signals?
Christine Hassler is your woman. Her gem of a post: Are You Choosing Someone Who's Not Choosing You can help you get clarity around your romantic relationships so that you stop settling for anything less than you truly deserve.
2. Feeling bored, stuck or uninspired by your job?
Check out Danny Rubin’s post: 9 Reasons Why Every 20 Something Needs a Side Hustle. He believes that having a passion project outside of your 9-to-5 boosts creativity, efficiency and general life enthusiasm. I couldn’t agree more. Plus he has a pretty rad last name…just saying.NEXT ⇒
3) Toiling away to make something happen but just aren’t seeing results?
Why not try to Do It Differently a la Life Coach/Glow Goddess, Katie DePaola. Katie’s post invites you to look at your situation in a new and more empowering light.
4) Have a friend or lover that’s holding you back, draining your energy, or making you feel small?
Kris Carr’s post, How to Identify and Release Toxic Relationships, is a must-read. She provides powerful questions for determining whether a person is adding to or subtracting from your overall happiness.
5) Stressed because you don’t know what you want to do with your life?
Read The Secret to Finding Your Passion-Hint It’s Not What You Think by life + biz coach extraordinaire, Marie Forleo. Rather than spending extended periods of timing taking career tests, reading self-help books, and gazing at your navel, Marie advocates taking action and feeling your way as you go. I found this post—and pretty much everything Marie has ever created—to be super motivating.
6) Stuck in a vicious comparison cycle with people who you perceive to be prettier, smarter, or more successful than you are?
Kat Williams (AKA Rock N’ Roll Bride) will have you celebrating all that makes you unique and special after reading You Are Good Enough. This post struck a major “hell yeah!” chord with me as I try not to measure my own progress against peeps who have been at this whole coach thing a lot longer than I have.
7) Disappointed because you put yourself out there but didn’t get the gig?
Alex Franzen’s Read This When You’re Feeling Unwanted + Rejected (You’re Not. This Will Help) is a hot fudge sundae for the soul. Chin up, buttercup!
8) Procrastinating because you’re so WHOAverwhelmed by your To Do list?
Check out When there’s so much to do and all you want is to watch Netflix by the DC life coaches at Clarity on Fire. They provide loving advice for busting through the blocks that stand between you and your goals.
9) Struggling to find the balance between your spiritual and material sides?
Watch Gabrielle Bernstein’s video blog, Who Said You Can’t Be Spiritual and Still Wear Hot Shoes. As someone who refuses to forgo her mascara for a meditation cushion, I love Gabirelle’s message about enjoying material things without becoming attached or making them mean something about us.
10) Obsessively counting calories and feeling insecure about your weight?
Elise Mussels invites you to relax and take a more loving approach to your body in How to Stop Negative Self Talk.
11) Said/did something stupid and feel completely mortified?
Brene Brown’s powerful post, The Safe Way to Share Your Shame Story, will help you move through your discomfort and make peace with your imperfection.
12) Want to improve your diet without forgoing the cookies and brownies?
Check out my health coach, Ginny Johnson’s, post, 13 Alternative and Healthy Baking Ingredients. Bon Appétit!
13) Got knocked off balance by something unexpected?
My post Spiritual Weightlifting: Or How to Respond to Life’s Little Hiccups will help you get back on track, stronger than ever before! Had to include one of my own ... forgive me
Here’s to healthy, motivated and truly Fabulous 2014! And if you want even more support staying positive and moving toward your goals in the year to come, contact me for a complementary breakthrough coaching session at Rebecca@thepursuitoffabulous.com.