10 Signs You're Addicted to Reading
Sometimes I am guilty of paying too much attention to my book and not enough to the real world. In the interest of public service, I have compiled a useful list of the top 10 reasons to suspect you might have a reading "problem."
- Your husband (wife/housemate/child) "accidentally" sits on your Kindle three times in one day.
- Your husband (wife/housemate/child) seems visibly frustrated when your device is still functional after "accident" number three.
- You find yourself reaching for a jumper in the middle of summer because "Winter is coming."
- You don't sleep for nights at a time because you happen to be reading a trilogy and you NEED to know what happens.
- You take the day off work to finish some DIY at home only to find by dusk you have nothing to show for it but a finished book.
- You ask someone to hide your book from you so you can cook dinner.
- You search the house, find your book and read it while stirring the pasta sauce. (The bottom of the pan is supposed to be black, right?)
- You pretend to go to the toilet to read just a few more pages. Your family suspects irritable bowel.
- If you find yourself book-less for more than a day, you begin to exhibit symptoms similar to those of a panic attack.
- You lie awake at night worrying that you are addicted to reading before downloading a book on the subject of addiction ... just to be sure.